Africa Centre is established on the following aims, vision, mission and values:
- To reach out to the developing African immigrant community in Ireland and to promote their participation in society
- To engage in community development and poverty alleviation projects that improve African community living standards.
- To advance public education and knowledge on intercultural and anti-racism issues.
- To promote links between Ireland and Africa and advance co-operation, dialogue and partnership on development issues.
- To build capacity and resources, where people may engage in social and cultural activities, training and where they may engage in research on issues relating to Africa and Africa-Ireland exchange.
- To network and collaborate with persons and bodies working among immigrants or active in global justice issues both at the local and international levels.
Our vision is of a just, tolerant and inclusive society that recognizes and values the mutual benefits of inclusion and participation. We are conscious of our global interconnectedness.
Our mission is to facilitate the meaningful inclusion of African people in all social, political and economic aspects of life in Ireland. We strive to promote a balanced and fair representation of Africa and its people among people in Ireland.
Our Values are respect and equality, the spirit of `Ubuntu´ - of our connectedness as human beings to one another and a culture that nurtures participation and interdependence. The Africa Centre also Works with the following values:
• Just society
• Belonging / home