The principal aims for which the organisation was established for are:
- To reach out to the developing African immigrant community in Ireland and to promote their participation in society
- To engage in community development and poverty alleviation projects that improve African community living standards.
- To advance public education and knowledge on intercultural and anti-racism issues.
- To promote links between Ireland and Africa and advance co-operation, dialogue and partnership on development issues.
- To build capacity and resources, where people may engage in social and cultural activities, training and where they may engage in research on issues relating to Africa and Africa-Ireland exchange.
- To network and collaborate with persons and bodies working among immigrants or active in global justice issues both at the local and international levels.
To facilitate the meaningful inclusion of African People in all social, political and economic aspects of life in Ireland mutually beneficial trading relations between Ireland and Africa
Our Values are respect and equality, the spirit of `ubuntu´ - of our connectedness as human beings to one another and a culture that nurtures participation and interdependence. The Africa Centre also Works with the following values:
• Just society
• Belonging / home
The Vision of the Africa Centre is of an Ireland that enables and is transformed by the sharing and relationships between Africa and Ireland, an Ireland where Africans are at home and participate fully with all other communities in a society that is just and inclusive, that through its diversity and interdependence leads to a sense of belonging, stability and creativity for all.